For the second year in a row, CELEBRATE ISLANDS is holding a video contest to provide financial support for small conservation projects on islands.
Try to win one of the 7 project grants to carry out a small concrete project on your island!
Make a short video about your project describing its objectives, costs, stakeholders involved, … & submit your application here!
Detailed contest rules.
Prepare my application
Deadline for applications is
May 8, 2022
- Territory : island not connected to the mainland by a permanent infrastructure and with a surface area smaller than 150 km2
- Project holders : associations or non-governmental organizations justifying at least one year of existence
- Concrete preservation actions falling under one of the 3 themes of the 2022 edition (see below)
- The project can be implemented before November 30, 2022
- The project is relevant and coherent for the territory and involves local stakeholders
- An organization can only submit one application!
- Maximum duration of 2 minutes
- Integrate English subtitles
- Integrate the two images at the beginning and end of the video available in the communication kit
2022 themes & grants
3 themes are in the spotlight
MARINE ECOSYSTEMES PRESERVATION
- Marine ecosystems ecological restoration
i.e. Installation of small artificial reefs, invasive species management or removal, restoration of corals, mangroves, nesting sites for turtles or sea birds…
- Management support
i.e. Purchase of small equipment, delineation of marine areas, improving knowledge for management actions…
- Support for small-scale sustainable fisheries
i.e. Replacement of equipment for sustainable materials, reinforcement of sustainable local and artisanal practices…
2 grants of 4 000€ each
REDUCING IMPACT OF ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES*
* For this theme, projects must involve one or more economic actors as project partners!
- Sustainable tourism
i.e. Development of new sustainable practices, support of local and sustainable crafts, use of sustainable equipment…
- Sustainable use of natural resources
i.e. Development of sustainable agricultural practices, improved water and energy management…
- Plastic waste reduction
i.e. Replacement of single-use plastic cutlery with sustainable alternatives, research and development for sustainable alternatives to plastic…
2 grants of 4 000€ each
WATER RESOURCES SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT
- Freshwater ecosystems ecological restoration
i.e. Restoration of waterways or wetlands, aquatic invasive species management or removal…
- Water managementi.e. Consumption reduction, rainwater recovery and reuse…
- Pollution reduction
i.e. Sanitation, wastewater management, reduction of negative impacts freshwater/sea …
2 prix de 4 000€ à gagner
PEOPLE'S FAVOURITE AWARD
The video with the most votes on the Celebrate Islands platform will get a prize of 4,000 euros. Votes from May 11 to 17!
AWARDS TO WIN
7 project grants of 4 000€
funded by the Agence de l’eau Rhône Méditerranée Corse, the FFEM & the Zenon Foundation to be won :
- project grants awarded by an international jury (2 per theme)
- 1 “people’s favourite award”